This page presents details of security vulnerabilities discovered as a result of our digital satellite TV research project. These details are provided in a form of presentation slides for the two talks that were given by Adam Gowdiak on 24 May 2012 at Hack In The Box Security Conference in Amsterdam.
- "Security threats in the world of digital satellite television", PDF file, 2.4MB (download)
- "Security vulnerabilities of Digital Video Broadcast chipsets", PDF file, 1.9MB (download)
- SE-2011-01 Issues #5-16,#25-32 (Advanced Digital Broadcast), PDF file, 370KB (download)
- SE-2011-01 Issues #17-19 (STMicroelectronics), PDF file, 293KB (download)
- SE-2011-01 Issues #22-23 (Conax AS), PDF file, 283KB (download)
- "Java (in)security", PDF file, 1.4MB (download)
- "Security weaknesses in a digital satellite TV platform", Proof of Concept codes, ZIP file, 1014KB (download)
Cumulative Vulnerability Reports
Additionally, the slides for a keynote talk given at JavaLand conference in 2016 are also provided. This talk referred to SE-2011-01 and our other research projects while discussing key problems related to Java platform security, its ecosystem and vendors.
Proof of Concept Codes below are provided purely for educational purposes only. It is expressly forbidden to use them for any purposes that would violate any domestic or international laws. If you do not agree with this policy, please leave this page.
Copyright 2008-2016 Security Explorations. All Rights Reserved.